Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Now? Life After Acting

It's been a little over two months since my last post, and whenever I share the "news" with something their first question is: What now? For a while there I was really flailing, but I seem to have come up with some answers.

As a creative outlet I have started OurLosFeliz.com where I do local reporting on my neighborhood. It's good to be blogging again, and I'm finally putting my DSLR to work shooting photos and video. Updates come fast and furious, so you'll probably only want to subscribe if you live in the LA area.

I'm also spending a few hours a week writing a spec screenplay with a very talented friend of mine about one of the founders of the Gay Civil Rights movement. It's a really fantastic story, and I'm glad to still be involved in film making - it also makes it easier to justify my bachelor's degree.

My new career goal is to work as a technical director in feature animation at a studio like Dreamworks or Pixar. In light of that I've been burning the midnight oil learning the Python programming language and developing tools for 3D animation software.

In the six months or so it's going to take to get my skills in order, I'm planning to do freelance motion graphics work for smaller studios in the LA area.

Do I miss acting? Some times, but truth be told: I've been much happier these past two months than the two months leading up to my decision.

Again, to keep tabs on me you can:
Read my new blog: http://www.ourlosfeliz.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dskeith
Or visit my personal website: http://www.donovankeith.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have put your DSLR and it is your right decision. What can be brought to the decision. Actually a lot. friv 4